Saturday

Day 18 - Hotdogs


To this point, I’ve been a vegetarian for the entire month of November. That all comes to an end today. While wandering around the grocery store comparing the cost effectiveness of rice versus beans, I came across some hotdogs. They were 88-cents. They were also labeled in Spanish.

I paused for a minute to consider whether I was really ready to eat a 9-cent hotdog. I was.

I’m having a hotdog for dinner tonight and it’s the most exciting thing I’ve done this week.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a funny post I can completely sympathize as a former college student how making the dollar stretch was a fine art. Never pass over the free Salsa bar at the Baja Fresh

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Redzilla, that is the funniest thing I've read all day. :)




---------------------
www.tawny-kitaen.com

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chicken and beef ramen is neither vegetarian nor an advisable meal.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chicken and beef ramen are vegetarian. check the ingredients list. I don't know what kind you're eating, but mr. noodles brand, the cheapest of the cheap in canada, contains no animal products.

It's still not an advisable meal, of course, but that doesn't slow down any of the other university students I know...

9:34 PM  
Blogger Frederick Ingram said...

Beans and franks, dude.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennie-O has a package of turkey hotdogs that I always find at my local grocery stores for $1.49... sometimes $0.99 when they are on sale.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home