Monday

Day 20 - Three For A Dollar


I was getting low on a few things, so I stopped into the grocery store after work a day or two ago. I pretty much got more of the same, with a few notable exceptions.

First were the hot dogs which I so gleefully described yesterday. Say what you will about the price, they taste just like any other hot dog I’ve ever had.

My most interesting purchase was three pepperoni pizzas for a dollar. Let that sink in for a second. Now in all fairness, they weren’t full size pizzas. And realistically, they weren’t even pizzas. They were these little three-inch diameter pieces of frozen bread with the bare minimum amount of sauce and cheese on them… and a few little things that at least looked a little like pieces of pepperoni.

I knew it was stupid purchase at the time. I mean, all you had to do was look at these sad little pizza-ettes and you started to feel bad for the guy who probably got fired because he came up with them as an idea. But still, the idea of pizza was just too tempting.

I had one as soon as I got home and I have to say, it wasn’t as horrible as it could have been. Sure, volume for volume, it was a waste of 33-cents. On my normal diet I would have eaten ten of them before feeling full. But it tasted… different. Not really like pizza, but certainly not like rice. And that was a welcome change.

Today’s grand total was $7.21. That brings my monthly total up to $22.79. All things considered, I don’t foresee any trouble staying under $30 for the rest of the month.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted Superfly said...

Just out of curiousity, who makes these $.33 cent pizzas? I've had to subsist on Totinos pizzas in my college days, but those were three times the price.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home