Saturday

Day 25 - Less Than A Week Left

Around day five, I was really starting to get worried. By that time, I had pretty much figured out I wouldn’t starve on a $1 a day… which meant I was going to have to go for the whole month. I think I was secretly hoping to discover that it simply wasn’t possible, make some long winded post about my trials and tribulations, and then soak up whatever residual credit I could get for at least giving it a try.

Depending on what you’re talking about, a month can seem like a very short or very long time. Waiting for your investment accounts to mature… a month is nothing. Waiting to find out if it’s malignant… a month might as well be a lifetime. Back on day five, a month seemed like a very long time. That early in the game, you’re still thinking about being hungry all day long. You’re still dreaming about a stop by Taco Bell. You’re still dreading the idea of another bowl of rice.

Everything changed around day ten though. The time between now and then has just flowed by quite smoothly. I suppose it just became a habit or a lifestyle or something. It’s pretty amazing to me that it only took ten days. I wonder what other changes I could make and adapt to in only ten days.

As of tomorrow, I only have five days left. I really hope that I don’t regress back to my old ways too quickly.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been fasting today, and by chance my friend linked to your blog, and I read and thoroughly enjoyed every bit. I just broke my fast this dinner, and I totally have that gross full feeling. How was it for you on Dec. 1?

Thanks for sharing with the internet!

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I wonder what other changes I could make and adapt to in only ten days."

Try this: www.dhamma.org

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie J said...

I have been fasting today, and by chance my friend linked to your blog, and I read and thoroughly enjoyed every bit. I just broke my fast this dinner, and I totally have that gross full feeling. How was it for you on Dec. 1?

Thanks for sharing with the internet!


I'm sorry, but what in the name of all that is good is wrong with you? "That gross full feeling?" What. The. Hell.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kind of understand where Katie is coming from on that, I had some nose and throat surgery about a week ago and all I've been able to have is a liquid diet pretty much. When I've tried to force down solid food I get down as much as a super model and I feel as full as if I've had a 5 course dinner. It does feel weighed down and "gross" in a sense.

I'm not sure if a one day fast can really achieve that for you but that's me.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Sewing-Chick said...

Wow, kudos to you! I know what you mean about how long a month can last. This little experiment of yours just might be the closest thing a man can come to being pregnant!!! Now you should do the nine month experiment just for fun :)

Now you know the agony that is the eighth month... waiting and waiting and waiting for that child to just be born already . Well except for the fact that you probably weren't in all that much physical pain :) That, and you lost 18 pounds whereas I gained 70...

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home